Hawkenbury Permit Parking Review
Residents of Hawkenbury should have received or will very shortly receive a letter containing a questionnaire from the council on extending the permit parking in the village. On several streets in Hawkenbury daytime parking restrictions were introduced in 2018. The council has since received requests to introduce permit parking into other streets in Hawkenbury. They are trying to gage the response of residents to this proposal via the questionnaire.
The Hawkenbury Village Association will review the proposal and consider their position. But we encourage residents to engage with the survey. If you did not receive the questionnaire through your door you can go onto the council website and fill in the questionnaire online. See link below.
The data collected will be collated into a report that will be presented to the Joint Transport Board in October. Any recommendations for changes to the current scheme will then be made.
The deadline to complete the questionnaire is 31st July 2019
Key points of the current scheme;
- The current scheme allows permit holders to park in restricted streets between the hours of 10am and midday and 2pm and 4pm from Monday to Friday only. Outside these hours and at weekends a permit is not required.
- Any new parking permit areas will most likely be subject to the same restrictions.
- Permits are limited to two per household. Current cost of a permit is £60 for 12 months. Visitor permits can also be purchased.
- A permit does not guarantee a parking space outside your property or in any particular road.
- Permit parking may be in the form of marked parking bays or a permit parking areas.
For full details see the web link or the letter.