Number of changes made to parking orders
After the consultation closed on the Parking Orders for Hawkenbury, the Joint Transportation Board is due to discuss the proposed measures on Monday, 17 July 2017 at 18:00 at the Town Hall. The meeting is open to the public, but you will be unable to address the meeting.
The Hawkenbury Village Association commented on the proposed orders, as did a number of local residents. AXA Employees commented in their personal capacity and a 412 signature petition against parking permits was submitted by AXA employees.
After taking all the comments into consideration, a number of changes have been proposed to the orders. These are as follows:
- The parking permits on Forest Road, between Hawkenbury Road and Boundary Road, are to be replaced with single yellow lines.
- The ‘No waiting at any time’ on Dorset Road is to be removed from the parking restrictions. The parking situation will be monitored and restrictions may be introduced at a later date.
- The ‘No waiting at any time’ along High Woods Lane (adjacent to the allotments) is to be removed and the parking restrictions will be monitored.
- The parking permits between Nelson Road and Polesdon Road on Napier Road are to be reduced to only cover one side of the road, as the road is too narrow to support parking on both sides.
- Hawkenbury is to be a separate parking zone to the rest of Tunbridge Wells, namely, HA. This will prevent permit holders from town parking in the area.
- Acknowledgement that the introduction of parking restrictions will move the problem elsewhere, in particular towards Banner farm. The council are currently consulting with Banner Farm residents regarding parking in the area.
Due to the proposed changes to the orders, the parking orders are going to be re-advertised over the autumn and this will delay the implementation. It is hoped that by incorporating the changes, the final result will be a better solution for all. We will let you know when these changes are advertised.
I have attached an extract of the agenda for the Joint Transportation Board meeting, that covers the objections and responses to the current parking orders. I will also be attending the JTB tomorrow, on behalf of the HVA.
Please feel free to comment below.