Tunbridge Wells Yard Sale
The Tunbridge Wells town-wide Yard Sale is effectively a car boot sale in your front garden, driveway, garage or porch. The idea came from a visit to the town of Bath, Maine (USA), where such an event is run very successfully every year. The whole town gets involved – people set up their goods for sale in front of their houses, businesses mark the event with special offers, charities run special events, and the town attracts visitors from near and far. And now it’s coming to Tunbridge Wells!
We are coordinating the event by providing a date and this website. Everything else is up to you!
Why are we doing this?
- The first and most obvious reason is to encourage de-cluttering: what do you have in your cupboards, wardrobe, garage or loft that you no longer need and could sell on?
- Bringing together the community: get together with your friends, family and neighbours and make this a fun event.
- Support charities: have collection boxes on your stall, donate the proceeds of your sales, take your unsold items to charity shops at the end of the day.
- Promote your local business: set up a stall selling your goods, create a special promotion or product for the day.
- Put Tunbridge Wells on the map and attract visitors to the town! Tell your your out-of-town friends and family, and invite them to come along and join in.
This is a 100% free event.
To find out more, visit https://twyardsale.co.uk/. The event is taking place on Saturday, 10 June 2017 between 10am and 4pm.